When we think of home we are filled with a sense of calm and peacefulness, and when we are hair styling it, we think of using nothing but the best substance for it. So, why must kitchen be left behind, the kitchen where a considerable time is spent performing the most useful action in the world: “cooking”.
There are different gemstones that can be selected, much like the naturally occurring granite, quartzite, pebble, sandstone and man-made stones like quartz etc. Every stone has its own benefits and drawbacks and are selected simply by different people as elegance lies in the eye with the beholder.
So what are the factors that affect the choice of stones to be used?
1. Cost: The price is often one of the essential determiners in choosing a stone to the kitchen. The cost of the actual stone depends on numerous factors like demand for your stone, the color, the actual cut, thickness etc, the more difficult to find your stone in nature, the more costly it becomes.
2. Physical appearance: The natural stones do not have a uniform color and design, this might be seen as an aberration or a thing of beauty. While the manmade gems are more uniform in look. Natural stones can be found only in the shades they occur in dynamics but to the man-made or even engineered stones hues can be added to provide color to the natural stone. It is also because of their unique uneven pattern that will natural stones are normally found to be more expensive.
Three. Durability and care: Most of the naturally occurring stones are porous naturally, thus requiring much more care and maintenance. They need to be sealed after every 24 months. Without proper seal the stains can penetrate into the stone and definately will lead to staining. The guy made stones aren’t porous and will consequently not absorb beverages and stain demanding less care and are more long lasting compared to the natural stones. All natural stones require a somewhat more TLC than the built stones.
4. Availability- The availability is also a factor when choosing a counter stone for your kitchen, the natural stone which is locally obtainable will certainly cost less compared to stone which may have to become transported over a international calls.
5. Installation- The installation costs differ from stone to stone. For instance, granite slabs are not easy to install because of sheer size, whereas the granite tiles getting smaller in size can be easily manipulated into installing anywhere.
6. Hardness- The actual engineered stone tables are very hard, so they don’t crack as easily as granite or perhaps slate. It is also resistant to heat, and would therefore not acquire scorched by it.
More details about stone tables have a look at our web site