The modern non-contact method of brain research is MRI of the Brain. It uses radio waves and a magnetic field to transmit a signal to the computer that allows you to assess the brain’s state. It is important that MRI of brain can be used to assess the health and condition of both soft tissues as well as blood vessels.
What is the best time to have an MRI?
MRI of the brain is performed to detect or confirm a wide range of diseases. During the MRI examination, the doctor sees a detailed image of the brain on the screen, assesses its condition and can detect pathological diseases.
Sometimes, MRI diagnosis may be required to confirm or refute the diagnosis.
MRI should be performed if:
– disturbed by constant or acute headaches;
– there is a periodic or constant noise in the ears;
– There is weakness and numbness at the extremities.
– There is a decline in memory.
– fainting occurs periodically;
– The person is confused;
– there was a craniocerebral trauma;
– you need to find out the cause of seizures.
Contrast-enhanced MRI (MRI) of the brain
In order to see the brain more clearly, a contrast is used, which is introduced into the human body. The dye can be used to diagnose tumors and other diseases, as well as their structure and contours.
Contraindications to Use
MRI of the brain can be the most safest, but it is not recommended for everyone.
It is also worth giving up MRI when:
– The presence of cochlear implant;
– Decompensated Heart Failure
– The presence of tattoos that are made from metal;
– installed crowns or braces.
What is an MRI exam?
The preparation is the first step in the examination. It is important to take out all metal objects from the phone and then remove it.
After the patient is placed on the table, and a device is fixed on the head, which will send and receive radio waves. MRI is performed for 30-60 minutes, depending on the department and the presence of contrast in the body.
The doctor takes many layers-by-layer photographs of the brain and then makes a decision.
For more info about MRI of the brain browse this popular net page